Did you know under the Revenue PAYE (Employers) Compliance regulations updated in May 2018 that you can be fined up to €4,000 for each breach of PAYE Regulations?
The following 5 points may help reduce the possibility of large fines:
- Consider registering all employees on ROS and maybe ask all of your current and new employees to register as an employee of your company on Revenue My Account.
- Ask all new employees to give you a P45 and register their P45 on ROS and they should register as an employee on Revenue My Account.
- Register a P46 on ROS for employees who never worked before and do not have a P45 and they should also register as an employee on Revenue My Account.
- Deduct emergency tax off any employee who fails to give you a P45, tax credit certificate or update their employee details on Revenue My Account.
- Keep an updated Register of Employees, which can include employee name, address, Personal Public Service Number (PPSN), (Copy of GNIB Card for non EEA resident), job title, pay, start date and where relevant date of cessation. You should try to keep the register at your normal place of work or the place of employment of your employee and try to make sure the P2C employee list on ROS is the same as your register of Employees.
If you need any help with payroll tax please contact us