An Taoiseach has released an indicative list of what are considered “essential retail outlets” that can remain open.
The list is the following:
1. Retail and wholesale sale of food, beverages and newspapers in non-specialised and specialised stores.
2. Retail sale of household consumer products necessary to maintain the safety and sanitation of residences and businesses.
3. Pharmacies/Chemists and retailers providing pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical or dispensing services.
5. Retail sale of selling medical and orthopaedic goods in specialised stores.
6. Fuel stations and heating fuel providers.
7. Retailers involved in the repair of motor vehicles, motorcycles and bicycle repair and related facilities (e.g. tyre sales and repairs).
8. Retail sale of essential items for the health and welfare of animals, including animal feed and medicines, animal food, pet food and animal supplies including bedding.
9. Laundries and Dry Cleaners.
10. Banks, Post Offices and Credit Unions.
11. Retail sale of safety supply stores (for e.g. work clothes, Personal Protective Equipment).
12. Hardware stores, builders’ merchants and stores that provide hardware products necessary for home and business maintenance, sanitation and farm equipment, supplies and tools essential for gardening/farming/agriculture.
13. Retail sale of office products and services for individuals working from home and for businesses.
14. Retailers providing electrical, IT and phone sales, repair and maintenance services for home.
We are still open and working remotely from home.